[mapguide-internals] Installer progress

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri Apr 24 11:55:31 EDT 2009

It would probably make more sense to have that cpp file point at an open source install location by default (for Windows and Linux), maybe with some kind of define that lets it point at the Autodesk location for their build.

Installing to the Autodesk location would mean that we were copying the same files with different component GUIDs, and would screw up installations where people have Map 3D, etc, installed on same PC as MGOS.

Regardless, as long as we allow users to specify where the application gets installed, setting this value in code is only going to be a failsafe for users that install to the default location.  We could look at installing CS-Map to AppData as well, but would probably want to work with CS-Map project to build it as an MSM; that way, other users of CS-Map could share component IDs with us.

Unless we can't resolve the problem Gunter is experiencing some other way, I would be reluctant to make these changes in the 2.1 installer.