[mapguide-internals] Re: [mapguide-trac] #974: Server renders incomplete Tiles if memory runs out.

UV uvwild at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 23:37:25 EDT 2009

I uploaded a patch enabling exception handling on the service level.
(the service parts of the RFC60 patch are included as they still sit in
my code base and not in the repository...
however an additional exception handler ensures that this code has not
been involved)

The result of this patch for my big map is that no more wrong tiles get
rendered.

However, the server still locks up at 2GB virtual memory and does not
free enough memory after those exceptions to keep on working.
A client can still view existing tiles but the mapping and rendering
service is out cold.
Requesting new tiles causes another out of memory exception and the
dreadful InvalidStreamHeader response on the client side.

How can we find out which memory does not get freed up when an exception
is thrown?