[mapguide-internals] mgos installer question/comments

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Wed Apr 29 12:25:51 EDT 2009

Paul wrote:
> not a big deal, just wanted to let you know in case the
> installer was doing something it shouldn't.  My VM is
> probably an extreme case.

This is the second time this has come up so far in the limited testing we've done; not a good sign...

> at it again its only 350 MB (only!) that is gone.  Its not
> installer stuff in the TEMP directory so I really don't know
> what it installed.  .NET framework stuff?

The installer doesn't bundle the framework, so that would only be the case if you installed manually.  The only other component which should be required on the C drive is the MS Visual C++ runtime.  Did anything end up under C:\Program Files\OSGeo ?

> um.  maybe I didn't reboot so lets say that is the problem :)
>  I don't recall it asking me to reboot though - should it have?

Yes, it should have.  I'm haven't consciously noticed this recently, but the line that triggers this notice is still there...

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/browser/trunk/Installer/Installers/MapGuide/MapGuide.wxs#L583