[mapguide-internals] Code review for blocking MGOS 2.1 (and trunk) defect

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Mon Aug 3 07:28:34 EDT 2009

Hi Trevor,

I've confirmed on my local install that this fix gets rid of the problems I was seeing with connections being held open.  I really appreciate you finding the time to address this show-stopper bug.

If anyone else is interested in testing this fix, it's available in another test installer for MGOS.  This installer (4114) also reverts the name of the Oracle provider to King.Oracle and includes the latest Fusion trunk build.

http://download.osgeo.org/mapguide/testing/

GreenMaps Andy (to discriminate from Andy M), if you're looking for additional core-level help, I'm sure that Trevor would appreciate the business :)

We don't have a project sponsorship system in place yet, and this kind of critical bug where we don't have the resources to address it really underlines the need to get moving on this.  I'm pretty under the gun right now at work, but I think it is something that definitely deserves attention.