[mapguide-internals] mapguide-2.0.2.3011.tar.gz

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Tue Aug 11 14:34:29 EDT 2009

We should probably update the build instructions to reference SVN instead of the TAR file.  It's way easier that way for developers to contribute patches back to the project, indicate what file they're having problems with, etc.

Pierre, there's a VBS utility in the trunk of MgDev that allows you to set the version number prior to compiling.  It requires Collabnet SVN (or another command line SVN tool) on the path.  Running it will give you the syntax, but it's basically:

cscript updateversion.vbs /major:2 /minor:1 /point:0

You can download it by clicking on the "Original Format" link at the bottom of this page:

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/browser/trunk/MgDev/updateversion.vbs

I'd also recommend using MapGuide 2.1 branch at this point over 2.0.x.  It's more stable and faster.