[mapguide-internals] Contact with Autodesk Developers.

Carl Jokl carl.jokl at keynetix.com
Mon Dec 14 06:03:32 EST 2009

Dear All

I wanted to see if any of the Autodesk based MapGuide developer team members
are listening to this forum and whether one of them is willing to let me get
in touch with them.

The situation is that after almost 2 years of working at Keynetix I am
leaving to pursue a research position. I could at this point just walk away
from all things MapGuide but having worked with it for the best part of 2
years I have been quite heavily invested in trying to make it work in
practice. While working for Keynetix the pressures of deadlines and the work
that has needed to be done has meant I haven't been able to be involved in
the open source development of MapGuide because the time and budget simple
would not allow me to do so. Once I leave Keynetix I will no longer be
constrained by Keynetix budgets or deadlines and would be able to determine
for myself the degree to which I could be involved in the project.

A lot of my work has involved trying to sidestep any problems or limitations
with MapGuide or FDO on the outside within the MapGuide framework I worked
on for Keynetix however I believe I could most likely achieve better success
addressing issues from inside the MapGuide framework than outside.

Autodesk is a large organisation. I have already submitted a proposal to
them through the business side but have not as yet heard anything. I might
be more successful if I could just start talks with someone on the
development team at Autodesk to discuss my proposals. I have an ADN account
but this isn't a support request as such.

Is anyone from Autodesk listening?

Carl