[mapguide-internals] RE: GDAL stability in MGOS 2.1

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Dec 31 13:03:54 EST 2009

Trevor Wekel wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Under the assumption that no else is really keen to dig around in MapGuide and GDAL,  I have added an "Initiatives" page to my website.  I will make an official funding request to the user list tomorrow if no one voices any concerns.
>
> http://www.otxsystems.com/community-initiatives.html
>

> Yeah.  I actually like raster.  Weird...

Trevor,

Not so weird!

I would note that if folks can trigger the stability problems via
direct FDO calls, I'm willing to spend some time digging into it.  Something
like an additional test in the test suite or a small sample program calling
into FDO.  Something I can run without mapguide.

Best regards,