[mapguide-internals] About the WiX installer

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Feb 19 18:50:46 EST 2009

It's quite possible that some files wouldn't commit to the repo (because
they were binary) and I missed them.

I think that I initially tried using the extracted TAR file, and it just
didn't work for some reason or other.

I can't remember if I actually installed MapGuide and then copied the
Apache folder, or if I used dark.exe from WiX to extract the files out
of the msi.  I think probably the former, but the latter was an
interesting exercise.  Dark is also useful for harvesting IIS website
settings from an existing website into WXS format.