[mapguide-internals] Some pointers please for Integration into server code for MapGuide RFC 60

UV uvwild at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 23:34:37 EST 2009

Hi all,

I am working on  improvement of color palette quantization for PNG8 tiles.

The RFC has been set up in the wiki: MapGuideRfc60
<http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc60>
Any further ideas and comments are greatly appreciated.

The general algorithm has been implemented within AGGImageIO.cpp and
tested.
I found some pieces of png C code in there and simply added another 2
methods (~100 lines) to it.

Whats remaining now is the clean integration into the server and the
configuration issues.
Being fairly new to the mapguide server I can use some help where to
find things.
Searching the whole codebase has turned out to be very unefficient.

Therefore I would appreciate some pointers into the code tree:
- where to add the color extraction code from the  map definitions
(InitializeTileService????)
- where is the best place to add the color palette in the resource tree.
- where I can find example code that parses the map definition (for the
color extraction)
- whats the recommended way to throw an exception from the included C-code
 throw new std::exception("AGGImageIO.cpp:1086: the base color cannot be
found in the provided colormap: ABORT")

thanks for your support.