[mapguide-internals] Please review RFC 74

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Tue Jul 7 06:55:54 EDT 2009

Nice, this will make the operation much faster.

Using Maestro, I can see that the EnumerateReferences call is the real
speed killer.
If implemented in the server code, I expect the actual XmlDb call to be
just as slow.
Are there any efforts to investigate this, or is it just "as good as it
gets"?

Maestro also has a similar function when copying a folder,
all resources within the folder gets "re-pointed" to related copies.

Eg.:
Structure before copy:
FeatureSource1
FolderA/FeatureSource2
FolderA/Layer -> FeatureSource1
FolderA/Layer -> FolderA/FeatureSource2

After copy of FolderA to new name FolderB:
FeatureSource1
FolderA/FeatureSource2
FolderA/Layer -> FeatureSource1
FolderA/Layer -> FolderA/FeatureSource2
FolderB/FeatureSource2
FolderB/Layer -> FeatureSource1
FolderB/Layer -> FolderB/FeatureSource2

So the relationship within the folder is kept.

Would this be a candidate for implementation with the RFC as well?

Jason has requested a generic "re-pointer" function for Maestro, that I
have yet to implement:
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/606

Would you consider adding that as part of the RFC?

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S