[mapguide-internals] Please review patch: http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/attachment/ticket/1026/AjaxViewerPingServer_Fix.patch

Christine Bao Christine.Bao at autodesk.com
Mon Jul 20 05:31:43 EDT 2009

Hi all,

     Please review patch http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/attachment/ticket/1026/AjaxViewerPingServer_Fix.patch. Here are the comments:

Attach patch AjaxViewerPingServer<http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/AjaxViewerPingServer>_Fix.patch for fixing problem mentioned by Kenneth's comments:
1. Update misspelled function name from GetSeverSessionTimeout<http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/GetSeverSessionTimeout>() to GetServerSessionTimeout<http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/GetServerSessionTimeout>().
2. Rename webAgent and clientAgent to avoid conflicting with ajaxmappane.templ. (Sorry, I didn't know the two templ files can't have same variable name)
3. msie is not used.
4. Rename function name encodeComponent() to encodeComponentName().
5. ParseLocalizedFloat<http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/ParseLocalizedFloat>() is a function used in bufferui.templ to parse float, and I copied it here. Also, the name is changed to ParseLocalizedFloatNum<http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/ParseLocalizedFloatNum>().
6. I'm not sure about your meaning. The default server timeout is 1200 seconds, and 1200 seconds / 5 = 240 seconds = 4 minutes, that's browser pings server every 4 minutes. setInterval requires millisecond as unit, that's why *1000.

In this patch there are also fixes for:
1. Append time in request URL. This is because IE will cache the request and not send to server. By appending current time the request URL is always different and no cache happens.
2. IE should also use XMLHttpRequest instead of ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP"), otherwise handler can't work properly.

Thank you for Kenneth's review again!
Thanks & regards,
Christine