[mapguide-internals] Maestro and compatibility with previous mapguide versions.

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Thu Jul 23 03:27:21 EDT 2009

In percent ? :D

Generally I would like Maestro to be compatible with all versions of
MapGuide.
But versions older than 1.2 are not supported, and once 2.1 comes out,
I think 1.2 support could be deprecated.
And by deprecated I mean, just not accept tickets fixing issues with
that version.

The MaestroAPI has a ServerVersion property, so it should be possible
to perform special actions with certain versions of MapGuide.

So far, MapGuide has not broken any backwards compatibility, so
when implementing a new feature everything else should work fine anyway.

I only have access to a few versions of MapGuide, so I generally only test
with the most recent release (2.1 atm).

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S