[mapguide-internals] RFC 60 Status

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 02:21:58 EDT 2009

I'm really happy with the state of RFC 60 as it stands at the moment,
maps look much cleaner and nicer.

As a question for the PSC, currently the fix only covers static colors within
a map definition, which fixes all the problems I was experiencing.

It seems that it's ok for Autodesk staff to do partial implementations
of functionality within a RFC, ie create feature source only doing files
for now, citing financial limits. which is a completely valid reason.

I have hit the same issue with rfc60 and the expression stuff.  I have no
money left to implement support for them and no need from my clients
for it.

As i see it, like the autodesk RFC's, the project is better off with
this support in place as it stands than without it.

If someone really needs that support they can add it,

correct me if I'm wrong, but not having expression support for the
palette stuff means that colors expressions are just rendered
the same as before, just with a slightly smaller palette to dither
with

Zac Spitzer -
http://zacster.blogspot.com
+61 405 847 168