[mapguide-internals] MapGuide RFC 68 - Refactoring Web .NET API into Common DLLs is ready for review.

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Wed Jun 24 07:24:06 EDT 2009

I'm not against the change, but the dll itself is close to
"ultra-lightweight".
It does not contain any code, it just relays all calls to the native dll's.
If the client code does not call the methods, the native dll's won't load,
and won't be required.

I find it easy to understand that to use MapGuide, I have to include
MapGuideDotNetAPI.dll,
splitting the files would not make that easier to understand.

As Jackie noted, it is not always easy to guess what dll/namespace
contains a
specific feature.

Splitting the dll's should be done for all the supported API languages,
unless there is a desire to favor .Net.

Could you provide a use case where the split dll's will be better?

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S