[mapguide-internals] Refactoring Web .NET API into Common DLLs is ready for review.

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 21:36:20 EDT 2009

I guess the problem may be that there is a perception that the MapGuide Web
API can only be used for web applications (maybe something to do with having
"Web" in its name? :-))

There are a whole class of ASP.net libraries which share this problem. They
are all .net assemblies, but serve no real purpose when used outside the
context of ASP.net.

So while the MapGuide API may have use outside of web applications. It's not
readily made apparent for the rest of us what these uses could be.

If this splitting into smaller dlls means that I can avoid web-specific
trappings like having to call MgInitializeWebTier() with a webconfig.ini to
start the whole thing, then I would be supportive of such a move.

- Jackie