[mapguide-internals] ServerRenderingService API bloated

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Thu Mar 19 08:58:28 EDT 2009

Hi UV,

Any "Service" APIs (MgRenderService, MgFeatureService, etc) which are marked
as PUBLISHED_API are automatically swigged to the three implementation
languages (PHP, .Net, Java).  This means any PUBLISHED_API is fair game for
application development.  As such, changes to these API must be managed by
deprecation and subsequent removal in a future release.  I don't know if
this applies to the refactoring work you are proposing.