[mapguide-internals] CS-Map in 2.1

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Mar 26 23:05:13 EDT 2009

How about 134Mb?

LZMA appears to do a reasonable job of compressing these files.  It's over twice what I was getting without them (about 61Mb), but I'd be willing to live with this for at least the current release.

Hugues, what would the best approach be if we weren't going to bundle MapGuide with the grids by default, and instead provided users with a way of downloading an installer or zipfile post-install?

Looking at the way the Canada grid is disabled, I'm guessing that we could probably just comment out all of the grid file references, leaving the Fallback lines in place?  Or would it be better to just truncate or not include the .gdc files; would CS-Map throw an exception that MapGuide would handle in these cases, or would it cause the MapAgent to crash hard (like it did when the .csv files were missing)?

Jackie, for now, I'm going to make the CS-Map dictionaries a top-level install, not optional, and placed right under the main install directory.  Currently, if someone installs the web tier on a different server than the Server tier, it's not going to work.