[mapguide-internals] CS-Map in 2.1

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 20:33:38 EDT 2009

Somehow I'm not warm to the idea of a 270MB installer. Doesn't the web tier require these dictionaries too? If we want to support a separate server / web setup, then we'd have to package an additional copy of these dictionaries, inflating it even more!

- Jackie

Oh, OK.

So these are the files that are required when displaying feature sources with different datums in the same map?  That would explain why I haven't run into problems with this; we got rid of the last of our NAD27 data far before I started at the City.

I'm working on getting these packaged up into the MapGuide installer.

I believe that this addition will inflate our installer size considerably.   I wonder if we should look at some kind of alternate strategy in the future, such as making a CS-Map install package a prerequisite for MapGuide.  That way we could bundle CS-Map in our official releases, but not in our weekly builds.

Any idea why it was so small before; were we not supporting shifts in PROJ.4?