[mapguide-internals] Installer testing

alucas alucas at svl.es
Sat Mar 28 14:52:52 EDT 2009

Hi Jason,

I found another problem with Java version. When I try to preview for example one layer with maestro, I get a java error:

javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:274)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

causa raíz

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file
	java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
	java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
	java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
	org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClassInternal(WebappClassLoader.java:1817)
	org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClass(WebappClassLoader.java:872)
	org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1325)
	org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1204)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperLoader.loadClass(JasperLoader.java:128)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperLoader.loadClass(JasperLoader.java:66)
	java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
	java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
	java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Unknown Source)
	java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source)
	java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
	java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.getServlet(JspServletWrapper.java:145)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:329)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:320)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:266)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

It seems that maybe there is a problem with the jdk version. What JDK version was used to compile the java api? Searching on the net, people say that this problem comes when the jre compiler version is not the same than the running jre version.

I'll continue to investigate this issue on monday.

Regards,

Hi all,

I've uploaded a current-ish (last night) version of the open source installer with all of the grids (and preliminary version of the two raster patches applied) here:

http://download.osgeo.org/mapguide/testing/

This hasn't been thoroughly tested yet, so only apply it on test PCs.

There are still some defects.  The two main ones (I think) are:

- #930 : Fusion is expecting the web extensions to be installed under "webserverextensions".  We're not using that directory by default, and are allowing users to modify it during installation.

- #912 : The IIS7 custom action is not correctly registering the script handlers for mapagent.fcgi or *.php, and does not correctly map the mapviewerajax directory.  I haven't tested these yet on the current build of the installer, but I don't think I changed anything that would fix them.

As you test, please enter any defects you find, and also fill in the compatibility chart at:

https://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/InstallerCompatibility

Thanks!