[mapguide-internals] Installation directory structure

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 22:21:38 EDT 2009

Hi All,

There seems to be some talk that the current directory structure used by the installer is not quite ideal. If so, then what should the ideal structure be?

I would prefer something like:

$INSTALLDIR = C:\Program Files\OSGeo\MapGuideOpenSource

$INSTALLDIR\Server
$INSTALLDIR\WebServerExtensions
$INSTALLDIR\CSMap

This would be like the structure of previous releases, except by default it goes under the 'OSGeo' name and it will work-around the fusion having hard-coded the web server extension path. Jason suggested locking down the Server and Webextension directories which I think is a good idea. The less number of configurable paths, the better.

Thoughts?

- Jackie

P.S. I didn't come up with the initial directory structure. I just went with the flow :-)