[mapguide-internals] RE: PATCH: Raster stability fixes, ticket#462

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Tue Mar 31 12:17:58 EDT 2009

At this point I don't have the energy to fight to have it held back.  After deciding on an appropriate temporary workaround (I'm still leaning towards the big guard), we'll just have to see how the beta testing goes and make a decision based on those results.  

I do worry that moving ahead like this will remove the impetus for change.  Other issues (permissions, security, etc) have languished because while they are important they haven't been made urgent.


-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Dechant
Sent: March-30-09 12:20 PM
To: MapGuide Internals Mail List
Subject: RE: [mapguide-internals] RE: PATCH: Raster stability fixes, ticket#462


I understand the situation and fully agree that the GDAL provider is very important to MapGuide.
I sure hope no one has to wait a whole year for this to be fixed properly. I think it has only been recently that we now have a much better understanding of what the actual issue is and what is causing the instability.

2.1 has lots of improvements and I was hoping we could get it in the users hands as planned, but if the PSC feels that this is a stop release issue then the PSC needs to make that call and postpone the release until this issue is addressed properly. 


More information about the mapguide-internals mailing list