[mapguide-internals] MIME type for MapGuide packages

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Sun May 10 16:20:52 EDT 2009

That won't work.
IE uses "MIME sniffing" meaning that it reads the first few bytes of the
file, and sees that it is
a zip file, and then disregards all other indicators, like mime headers,
filename etc.

It even has a special security bug due to this (also explains how it works):
http://www.h-online.com/security/Risky-MIME-sniffing-in-Internet-Explorer--/features/112589

Instead, I propose that the MapGuide server looks for both .mpg and .zip
files in the packages folder.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S