[mapguide-internals] Another installer test...

Simon Pelicon simon at sl-king.com
Mon May 11 03:51:46 EDT 2009

   Hi!
   I successfully installed MapGuide 2.1 with this installer (Using IIS and
   PHP) without any problem. Good job.
   I noticed some minor issues. Initial file unpacking files was a bit slow and
   i think that calculated disk usage was wrong (it required 1.4 GB of disk )
   Simon
   Jackie Ng wrote:

I mean Apache.

- Jackie

Jackie Ng wrote:

The PHP side is still good (nothing broken). I think we're on a winner
here.

- Jackie

Jason Birch wrote:

Hi all,

I've uploaded a new installer for testing.

[1]http://download.osgeo.org/mapguide/testing

Make sure that you grab 0.6 or later!

This required some pretty serious retrofitting, especially to get the IIS
5.1 and IIS 6 installs to work, but I've had a fair amount of success in
my testing.  I got good results with:

- XP
  - Apache + Java
  - IIS + DotNet
  - IIS + PHP

- Windows 2003
  - IIS + DotNet
  - IIS + PHP

- Windows 2008
  - IIS + DotNet

If you see a configuration that you can test, please let us know by
updating the Installer Status wiki and entering any defects:

[2]http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/InstallerCompatibility

[3]http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/SubmitTicket