[mapguide-internals] making documentation an installer option + docs feedback comments

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Thu May 21 01:45:17 EDT 2009

it would be pretty easy to include a small free third partysuch
comment stuff using
htacess, of every just some good old jquery without needing to even
hardly touch
doxygen or something like it. as for moderation, we don't moderate
wiki either yet

I completely agree about pushing these ideas out after the 2.1 release

i'll do some trac'ing next week on this ;)

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 5:26 AM, Jason Birch <Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca> wrote:
> I'm feeling incredibly resistant to making non-defect changes to the installer before the 2.1 release; UI sequencing (and testing) is a royal pain in the ass :)  Could you put in a ticket for it so we can address it for the next release?
>
> There are tonnes of other improvements I'd like to see for the install process; I'll have to remember to add tickets for these :)
>
>  - not requiring a reboot (moving default CS_Map folder into a server config item)
>
>  - placing the MapAgent test pages in their own folder, getting the server admin test helper OUT of the viewer directories, making these optional
>
>  - fleshing out the samples options (test data, developer docs, etc)
>
>  - figuring out how to set the Admin / Author passwords at install time
>
> Comments on the online help would not be a trivial task, though I agree that it's cool (the PHP help is another good example of this).  I don't think that Doxygen provides the ability to do this natively, and I'm not sure how static Doxygen file names are, so hacking it in could/would be difficult.  We're also quite limited in what we can do on the primary OSGeo server, so the docs would likely have to be hosted elsewhere.  I also have concerns that we wouldn't have the resources to moderate this kind of system.

Zac Spitzer -
http://zacster.blogspot.com
+61 405 847 168