[mapguide-internals] Beta Installer candidate

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri May 22 03:45:28 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I know you're probably getting tired of this by now :)

I've pushed what might just be the 2.1 Beta build here:

http://download.osgeo.org/mapguide/releases/2.1.0/MapGuideOpenSource-2.1.0.3891-Beta1.exe

md5:  47eadde887e73584affa880b211d4384

If you have time to give this a quick run-through before the official announcement, that would be great.  I think Tom's going to be putting the rest of the release process together when he gets a chance.  If any of you have things you think are highlights for this release, let us know so they can be added to the release notes.  Here are a few quick thoughts; I'm sure there is lots of other important stuff in there:

- Considerable improvements in performance, reliability, and scalability
- Fusion 2.0 with OpenLayers 2.8, including support for generic OpenLayers layers in addition to MapGuide layers
- CS-Map support for a broad range of coordinate systems
- Optional enhanced handling of rendered line widths (http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/changeset/3830)
- First open-source version of the Windows Installer (please let us know if you have problems)