[mapguide-internals] MapGuide 2.1 Release going live

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Thu Nov 19 17:53:47 EST 2009

Hi everyone (especially PSC members),

I have made a few updates to the Drupal and Trac websites to reflect the 2.1 release.  I believe there are still a ton of documentation updates to do for the release.  However, I would like to post the official release announcement to mapguide-announce and mapguide-users.  I've blatantly stolen and updated the text Tom wrote for the beta release.  Is the following message ok?  Do we need to inform the OSGeo SAC that there may be some increases in download traffic over the next few days?

Hello,

We are pleased to announce the MapGuide Open Source project team has made MapGuide Open Source 2.1 Final Release publically available.

Release notes: http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/Release/2.1/Notes

Downloads: http://mapguide.osgeo.org/download/releases/2.1.0

Documentation: Please continue to use the 2.0 documentation for now.

Along with the many bug fixes, this release has

* many improvements in performance, scalability and stability;

* an improved error reporting system;

* raster re-projection;

* and CS-Map as the coordinate system library.

Please continue to submit defects using Trac: http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide.

Thanks to the ever growing team of developers who are contributing to make the MapGuide Open Source project a more self-sustaining project.  A special thanks to Jackie and Jason who worked tirelessly on the Windows installer and builds.