[mapguide-internals] MapGuide 2.1 Release going live

Scott hameister scotth at mpowerinnovations.com
Fri Nov 20 10:23:09 EST 2009

Oh yes and a copy of the SDF

-----Original Message-----
From: mapguide-internals-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:mapguide-internals-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Trevor
Wekel
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2009 4:54 PM
To: MapGuide Internals Mail List
Subject: [mapguide-internals] MapGuide 2.1 Release going live

Hi everyone (especially PSC members),

I have made a few updates to the Drupal and Trac websites to reflect the 2.1
release.  I believe there are still a ton of documentation updates to do for
the release.  However, I would like to post the official release
announcement to mapguide-announce and mapguide-users.  I've blatantly stolen
and updated the text Tom wrote for the beta release.  Is the following
message ok?  Do we need to inform the OSGeo SAC that there may be some
increases in download traffic over the next few days?

Hello,

We are pleased to announce the MapGuide Open Source project team has made
MapGuide Open Source 2.1 Final Release publically available.

Release notes: http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/Release/2.1/Notes

Downloads: http://mapguide.osgeo.org/download/releases/2.1.0

Documentation: Please continue to use the 2.0 documentation for now.

Along with the many bug fixes, this release has

* many improvements in performance, scalability and stability;

* an improved error reporting system;

* raster re-projection;

* and CS-Map as the coordinate system library.

Please continue to submit defects using Trac:
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide.

Thanks to the ever growing team of developers who are contributing to make
the MapGuide Open Source project a more self-sustaining project.  A special
thanks to Jackie and Jason who worked tirelessly on the Windows installer
and builds.