[mapguide-internals] RE: mapguide-internals Digest, Vol 34, Issue 15

Leaf Li leaf.li at autodesk.com
Mon Oct 19 03:28:28 EDT 2009

Hi Haris,

Thanks for your feedbacks. I add my comments in lines.

>Sorry if I am late, I have concerns regarding this RFC. What would happen if
>there are more pinnes in one session or more connections wanted to be run in
>same session ? Also, If I remember correctly there is link between reader
>being closed and connection released ? If that is case what would happen in
>case of multiple readers?

[Leaf] Two pinned connections aren't allowed to created in one session. Once
users call PinConnection(), this method do nothing when calling it again till
calling UnpinConnection or pinned connection is time-out.

>In my opinion better solution would be to be able to "get" connection from
>server and then use that connection. In such way user would be able to have
>any number of connections and use them in any way.
>Also that looks to me like cleaner and more understandable solution.

[Leaf] Yes. It can be a solution. To a certain extent, it is cleaner. To a
Certain extent, it may result in some confusing. We have to overload most of
feature service methods to add a new parameter 'MgFdoConnection'. Users can
use pinned connection and unpinned connection in the same time. If users
forget to use the pinned connection in a situation where a pinned connection
should be used, it is difficult for users to debug what's wrong with the
application.

Thanks,
Leaf Li