[mapguide-internals] Server status/Ping API

Bruce Dechant bruce.dechant at autodesk.com
Thu Oct 22 15:35:48 EDT 2009

Hi All,

The existing Server Admin service has the following APIs that are not officially published but are available to use:

GetSiteVersion() - returns the exact MapGuide server version
GetSiteInfo() - returns MapGuide server information and OS information

Both of these require authentication credentials because of the information returned.

I was wondering about adding a new API that would not require authentication credentials.

Example: GetSiteStatus()

I would like it to return the server status as either "Offline" or "Online" as some of the information.

This API could be used as a sort of "ping" if needed.

What other non sensitive information do you think we could include with this API?

Thanks,
Bruce