[mapguide-internals] Re: The future of MapGuide Maestro

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Thu Apr 1 12:14:01 EDT 2010

While we are on the topic of Maestro, someone mentioned to me (maybe Jason) that a Linux/Mono based version of Maestro would be really cool.  I absolutely agree.  It would be really slick to have a complete MapGuide stack on Linux.  And it looks as though Mono is installed as a default package on Ubuntu

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-announce/2009-June/000584.html
http://projects.gnome.org/tomboy/
http://f-spot.org/Main_Page

Would this be a feasible endeavour?  Has anyone investigated it?  Does Mono on Ubuntu support all the .Net assemblies used by Maestro?