[mapguide-internals] Announcing MapGuide Projects

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Fri Apr 16 00:07:22 EDT 2010

Thanks Jason.  Those are good comments.

Ok.  It looks as though everyone seems to be in agreement with expanding the use of the -announce list and website postings to include the following items:

- Sponsorship of significant development work by the community (RFCs, new platform support, etc)
- New stuff to download for MapGuide (releases, samples, etc)

Zac also suggested that an official MapGuide blog would be appropriate.  I agree and I think that this page looks a little like a blog http://mapguide.osgeo.org/taxonomy/term/1?page=1.  I'm just assuming the syndication feed works.

Alternatively, OSGeo does have blog section http://www.osgeo.org/blog.  We could create something there instead of "overloading" -announce.  In either case, we should definitely get aggregated into http://planet.osgeo.org/

What does everyone think?