[mapguide-internals] Ticket 1050 fix

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 11:05:50 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I notice that a fix was made to 1050 so that it returned provider
capabilities xml that matches the original xsd schema.

Currently Maestro's Expression Editor relies on the provider capabilities
object to provide function lists and auto-completion. However this used the
incorrect xml elements because we didn't know at the time, that the server
was not generating the correct xml.

This presents a dilemma for me, I can update Maestro to use the *correct*
provider capabilities object, but in the process I would be breaking the
Expression Editor if it is used against versions of MapGuide < 2.2 as they
output the incorrect version of the capabilities xml.

I'm not quite sure how to handle this change.