[mapguide-internals] Re: Getting closer with 64 bit installer

Hugues Wisniewski hugues.wisniewski at autodesk.com
Fri Jul 9 09:37:31 EDT 2010

Hi all,

Just trying to just the recent thoughts on this issue

A solution to this problem has been investigated a few times but other priorities have lead to a pushback
The ini file solution seems to be the best idea the day someone has the time to implement it.

The day this is decided to be redesigned, an RFC will likely be required to make sure that all customers of this API are ok with the change.

MapGuide uses some ini file while other apps that use that coordinate system API use different ini files, some registry, ...

So, instead of having the MgCoordinateSystemCatalog hold the logic to get to the right path value, the client application could do that job and pass the path value to the API directly
The path would be read from any location. That would be up the app that uses the API.
One solution would be to give the path to the MgCoordinateSystemFactory object when it is created.
The default constructor would choose the default path value while something like the following would change that default path:

MgCoordinateSystemFactory::MgCoordinateSystemFactory(STRING sPath)

Hugues