[mapguide-internals] GETIDENTITYPROPERTIES for classes without identity properties

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 03:02:05 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I think something is wrong with the GETIDENTITYPROPERTIES mapagent call. If
I call the command feeding it a class that has no identity properties, the
server will throw MgClassNotFoundException.

Now looking at the server-side code, I see that it is calling an internal
MgFeatureService API that returns a collection of MgClassDefinition objects,
whose name matches the given class name and has identity properties. If the
actual class definition has no identity properties, it won't be included in
the resulting collection even if the class name matches.

I think this is sending the wrong message to client applications. The class
*does* exist, it just doesn't have identity properties. As such I believe
the API should be returning an empty <PropertyDefinitions/> XML response
instead of throwing an exception.

Thoughts?