Visual Studio Express Editions support? was: [mapguide-internals] Motion Vote: RFC 104 - Support Visual Studio 2010

Traian Stanev traian.stanev at autodesk.com
Fri Jul 23 10:24:41 EDT 2010

I got 64 bit everything to work fine in my VC Express 2008. In 2010, the changes required seem equivalent, but I have yet to remember all of them (something needed to be enabled in the registry last time I did it). This is to get things to work in the IDE, the compiler itself is freely available.

Also, someone mentioned FDO not building VC express -- this was because FDO uses solution nesting which is not supported in VC Express IDE, but can be worked around.

Traian