[mapguide-internals] Review RFC 108 - support Watermark

Jason Birch jason at jasonbirch.com
Fri Jul 30 11:41:47 EDT 2010

I agree with Jackie's comment about not using DWF.

Is there any way that we could use the SymbolDefinition (I think;
whatever advanced stylization is) resource instead of creating a new
one for watermark?  There would be some constraints like device space
only, and the MapDefinition would be responsible for defining
placement.

I really don't like the idea of updating the LayerDefinition headers
when the MapDefinition is changed.  Layer to Map can be a Many:Many
relationship. I think that the watermark information should be
manually maintained on each layer as part of the WMS metadata UI, like
the rest of the WMS information. This is a client implementation
detail though I think, as it sounds like you're just talking about
expanding the LayerDefinition metadata rather than walking the Layer->
Map dependency at render time.

Jason