[mapguide-internals] MapGuide for LiveDVD

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Sun Jun 27 00:59:20 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

The next alpha build of the OSGeo Live DVD for FOSS4G 2010 should contain a relatively complete MapGuide installation.  It is based on our Beta binaries.  Here what we have so far:

* Desktop icons have been added for "MapGuide Start", "MapGuide Stop", and "MapGuide Maestro"

* The Sheboygan sample data set and application has been installed.

* A set of test steps have been added to the Live GIS Disc Testing page http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc_Testing#MapGuide_Open_Source.  They could form the basis of the "Quick Start" (see below)

* The Project Definition document and Application Overview document have been written.  I pulled the material from our main project website.  Here's a link to a PDF export of the Application Overview http://download.osgeo.org/mapguide/releases/2.2.0/Beta/livedvd/mapguide_overview.pdf.  It may be used for marketing purposes.

We still have a little more work to do before we are 100% ready for FOSS4G 2010.  We still need to create an Application Quick Start and Lightning Presentation Slide.  The Quick Start will be used with the Live DVD so it should be based on the Sheboygan data set and app.  Information on the remaining deliverables is available at http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Marketing_Artefacts#Application_Quick_Start.  Anybody interested?