[mapguide-internals] Getting closer with 64 bit installer

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Sun Jun 27 15:32:13 EDT 2010

Hi Jason, Jackie, and list,

I am getting closer with the 100% 64 bit Windows installer.  Most of the changes have been logged under the following tickets:

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/1295
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/1387

Here's where we are:
* 64 bit MapGuide binaries are being built successfully
* PHP 5.3.1 64 bit binaries have been added to the install image
* Apache 2.2.15 64 bit binaries have been added to the install image
* Tomcat 6.0.26 64 bit has been added to the install image

I have built a preliminary installer and posted it to http://download.osgeo.org/mapguide/testing/MapGuideOpenSource-2.2.0.4977-Beta2-x64.exe

There are at least two issues with the installer:

* Most of the Apache modules were not picked up on the initial submission.  I just added them to Subversion.  The Apache install will likely not work due to the missing modules.

* The installer is still being recognized as 32 bit.  I added the "-Win64" switch to the Paraffin command line but it did not seem to help.  The PHP registry keys are still being installed to the Wow6432Node and the executables are being installed under "Program Files (x86)".

By adding the PHP registry keys by hand, I was able to validate that the MapGuide Server, the .Net Web Extensions, and the PHP Web Extensions are all working under IIS7 on Windows Server 2008 R2 with the 4977 installer.

I could use some help with debugging the "not really 64 bit" installer issue.  The custom actions are still being compiled as 32 bit.  I do not know if that makes a difference or not.  Once this is resolved, I can fire off another build to capture the missing Apache modules.  Then we can see if Apache is working...