[mapguide-internals] MapGuide for LiveDVD

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Tue Jun 29 11:54:33 EDT 2010

Hi Jason,

According to the OSGeo docs, a newbie should be able to run the Quick Start in five minutes.  I wonder if starting MapGuide, running Maestro, displaying a Map using Maestro and then adding "Tree points" to Sheboygan would be sufficient?  Creating a map from scratch might take a little longer than five minutes.

I suspect we would be free to add more tutorials over and above the Quick Start.

Let me check on the content type for the Quick Start.  I'm not sure if they want an Open Office document (.odt) or a HTML page.  An .odt might be a better format since it can be used to generate both HTML and PDFs.