[mapguide-internals] Moving more config options into MapDefintion Resource Headers (RFC?)

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 21:37:41 EDT 2010

splitting this bit into a separate thread from the RFC90 post...

Given the static nature and global nature of anything done via serverconfig.ini,
this is all or nothing. I think we have resource headers which could be
used a lot more than we do currently, that way we can make map specific
configuration overrides.

For example, image format, selection color and meta tile factor would
all be good candidates for setting via resource headers. That would
avoid having to rev the xml def's to add such functionality.

Being able to tune maps configurationwithout changing a global setting
and restarting the server would be a good thing...

thoughts?

Zac Spitzer
Solution Architect / Director
Ennoble Consultancy Australia