[mapguide-internals] /branches root directory reserved only for MapGuide?

Tom Fukushima tom.fukushima at autodesk.com
Mon May 3 16:11:01 EDT 2010

Hi,

For the following argument: I'm assuming that Maestro doesn't have the capability to detect when it is working with an older server and dumb down the XML and UI for it appropriately.  If it does have that capability then please ignore.

Personally, I dislike the fact that Maestro is on its own release cycle with its own version numbers because it makes it tougher to tell which version to use with a particular version of MapGuide.  MapGuide does update schemas, and the authoring tool should always use the latest one where possible.  If Maestro uses the same version numbers we can see which version of MGOS it is in sync with. Because of this I think that Maestro should use the same branches that is used by the server, web tier and installer.  And because of this I think our current directory structure is fine.

BTW, having Maestro, MgDev and Installer in the same branch does not mean that they have to be released at the same time.

Cheers
Tom