[mapguide-internals] improving the tilecache storage mechanism with an addtional one

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Tue May 4 07:38:50 EDT 2010

One issue i have found at many client sites is that big tile caches
tend to be not very backup friendly.

I do love being able to use http exposed tile cache, but I think there's
some benefit in also supporting a sqllite or similiar storage mechanism
as opposed to millions and millions of tiny image files.

I was chatting to trevor about this and he suggested using Berkely for this

one big file (or one per scale) is much more managable for our
dear sysadmins

thoughts?

--
Zac Spitzer