[mapguide-internals] Re: Participation in FOSS4G WMS Shoot-out

Jason Birch jason at jasonbirch.com
Fri May 14 12:39:18 EDT 2010

I'd love to see this happen, but I don't think we have the resources to
dedicate to participating or to fixing any issues that were highlighted,
which would be even more important.

I have a feeling that this benchmark would expose considerable weaknesses in
MapGuide, some of which we care about (raster stability), others not so much
(shapefile performance), and things like our lack of SLD or newer WMS
version support may mean that we can't even participate even if we wanted
to.

Thoughts?

Jason