[mapguide-internals] Resource Content and Response versions.
jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Mon May 17 05:48:54 EDT 2010
I have some questions about the versioning of resource content and mapagent
1. Can a MapGuide Server read/write all versions of a resource content
schema? eg. Does a MGOS 2.0 server read/write LayerDefinition (v1.0.0 to
v1.2.0 and everything in between)?
2. Is it true that the server doesn't do any resource content upgrades? Am I
assuming any upgrades are done by client applications such as MapGuide
3. Does a GETRESOURCECONTENT call (from mapagent or MapGuide API) return the
resource content "as-is" without any pre-response modifications? If the
resource content contains ExtendedData elements, is it the responsibility of
the client application to determine if this ExtendedData elements make any
4. Similarly for a SETRESOURCE call (from mapagent or MapGuide API) am I
assuming the only pre-processing is the migration of unknown elements (eg.
from a newer version of an xsd schema) to ExtendedData xml elements and
adjustment of version numbers?
5. The AJAX Viewer has been modified to handle a new <EnablePingServer>
option introduced in WebLayout-1.1.0.xsd. If question 3 holds true, how does
this AJAX viewer handle a 1.0.0 WebLayout document? Is it the onus on the
client application to handle these versioning issues?
6. For non-resource content responses (eg. FdoProviderCapabilities or
SiteVersion), does the VERSION parameter determine which version of the
response I will receive? For example does a GETSITEVERSION (VERSION=1.0.0)
give me a 1.0.0 SiteVersion response? Does a VERSION=2.2.0 call give me a
View this message in context: http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/Resource-Content-and-Response-versions-tp5064339p5064339.html
Sent from the MapGuide Internals mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the mapguide-internals