[mapguide-internals] RE: MapGuide Open Source 2.2 Beta

Tom Fukushima tom.fukushima at autodesk.com
Mon May 17 22:28:02 EDT 2010

Hi Trevor,

I installed on clean machines and the Sheboygan samples worked in my light smoke test.  Here are some things that I noticed.

Tom

* The client binaries for the PostgreSQL provider should also be installed (not sure all that are required but libpq.dll is one).
* MapGuide Site Administrator version says 2.1.0.0 in the about box.

* License -
   ** Add section for FDO: This software contains portions of FDO (http://fdo.osgeo.org/). FDO is licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License, which can be found at http://fdo.osgeo.org/lgpl.html. A text copy of this license and the FDO source code are included on the DVD or with the download of this Autodesk software.  You may modify, debug and relink FDO to the software as provided under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License, and only to the extent permitted therein.
   ** Add section for freetype: Portions of this software are copyright (c) 1996-2002 The FreeType Project (www.freetype.org).  All rights reserved.
   ** Add section for fusion: Fusion copyright (c) 2007 DM Solutions Group Inc.

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.  IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
   ** Change "Proj.4 and GDAL" attribution to just read "GDAL"