[mapguide-internals] Participation in FOSS4G WMS Shoot-out

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Mon May 24 12:25:15 EDT 2010

I think we will go with 32 bit.

I also found another link which seems to provide additional information on the WMS shootout setup http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Benchmark.  Looks like Ubuntu 9.10 might be a better fit.  It makes PostgreSQL easier to set up and we may be able to install Mapserver on the same machine.  Mapserver with fcgi was a bit faster than GeoServer at last year's shootout http://www.slideshare.net/gatewaygeomatics.com/wms-performance-shootout.