[mapguide-internals] Participation in FOSS4G WMS Shoot-out

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Mon May 24 11:59:51 EDT 2010

Hi Zac,

We could create a sandbox in SVN for the WMS shootout.  We can store the MGPs referencing external data as well as the JMeter test scripts.  We may also want a separate code base to work on if we are implementing WMS shootout specific fixes.  At the very least, I suspect we will need some raster fixes to be competitive.

I would start with running the SHP layers first and then use the TIFF layers.  Both are straightforward to set up and TIFF is probably the most stable raster format.  I should be able to get some time to look at raster before FOSS4G.  Looking at it in the context of WMS would kill two birds with one stone.

Longer term, developing an end-to-end performance/stability test suite for MGOS would be appropriate.  We may be able to use the WMS shootout data as a starting point.

Just as a side note, developers at Autodesk have noticed that earlier versions of JMeter seems to leak memory.  Longer JMeter stability runs (24 hours+) have been known to fail because of the leak.  This may have been corrected in later versions.