[mapguide-internals] MG CreateSession

Haris Kurtagic haris at sl-king.com
Mon May 31 07:24:01 EDT 2010

Hi,

I ran into issue with Server CreateSession
command. CreateSession will embed IP of server into session id. Issue I ran
into was that embedded IP would be 127.0.0.1 ( if not changed
in serverconfig.ini) regardless that server command was executed trough
another machine.

So, for example If I ran GeoREST on one machine and execute command to MG
server which is on another IP  (e.g. 192.168.0.3), MG server would return
127.0.0.1 in session id (should be 192.168.0.3 ). Then that sessionid would
be invalid and further commands would fail which use the sessionid.

I know that solution would be to set IP in serverconfig but as MG would
accept CreateSession command on one IP address it would be nice that it
returns the same IP in session id

Haris