[mapguide-internals] GDAL Provider update

Traian Stanev traian.stanev at autodesk.com
Tue Nov 23 10:51:15 EST 2010

Hi Jason,

Thanks for digging that one out. If the patch is not yet applied, it should be.

It makes the GDAL provider work analogously to all other providers by having feature readers increment the reference count of the connection so that the connection does not go away before the feature reader does. This was one of the reasons for the MapGuide crashes we were getting with that provider.

It also made opening a GDAL connection faster by some huge amount (factor of 10, as far as I remember).

Traian