[mapguide-internals] Re: Plus sign (+) in the middle of the ID

Crispin_at_1Spatial crispin.hoult at 1spatial.com
Thu Sep 2 04:50:39 EDT 2010

All,

I just popped these values into a .net selection project I have using the
following code (usually the szID is resolved from some magic on the XML).

It looks (to me) like the values are OK as long as you know the datatype to
convert to (which you can get from the schema definition):

	String szID = "+xoAAA==";
	byte[] decodedBytes = Convert.FromBase64String(szID);
	int iID = System.BitConverter.ToInt32(decodedBytes, 0);    // my best guess
at the datatype
	// iID = 6907 here

	String szID = "AAAAAAC+s0A=";
	byte[] decodedBytes = Convert.FromBase64String(szID);
	Double iID = System.BitConverter.ToDouble(decodedBytes, 0);    // my best
guess at the datatype
	// iID = 5054.0 here